Let Music fill the air

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

What a great Discovery!


One of the things I seem to be doing is misplacing things.   It's temporary usually -  a kind of "my brain is so full - I just lost some thoughts down that dark hole"  kind of misplacing.    But I have found that occasionally there is delight in such a discovery.       Delight not in the fact that I no longer have to worry about the misplaced item, and not a delight that it means I have an excuse to go shopping for another one,   but I mean a delight when it actually turns up and I just don't expect it.    Moreover,    I hadn't even known I'd left it there.

This has happened a few times but the greatest one of all is when you put on that jacket you haven't worn for a while and what do you find in the pocket?      That favorite lipstick that you thought you ran out of,  or that hair clip with the pretty crown on it that was crying out to be worn again.     
Well,   this week I have been playing this little game called " how little money can you spend until Friday because it's payday".......       Try it -  it's not easy because that's when you stumble on all the goodies that you'd like to buy but they don't fit into the game.        Remember that little purse I met on the weekend?   I'm still thinking about it 2 days later.           So,  the delight in the middle of this little game is that I found something that I didn't even know I had put somewhere.      And it was something  I could totally use.     Almost go mad with!      Okay,   I'll tell you.    I put on my green (it's a nice green)    cardigan.     The kind that covers your backside and has a pocket on each side at the bottom.     I reached in the pocket and felt some paper.  I pulled it out and it was a 20 dollar bill!     Horray.....       I was so excited.    I couldn't even spend it for a day.  I thought I should save it for when I really  really need it.    I should be frugal after all.         I just double checked and its even still in my wallet.  Like  a lucky lottery ticket or something.       Then I sat down at my computer and was looking through some old notes, considering another entry to post.   I have a list printed called "natural highs"   and you know what number 6 is on the list (right behind going to the beach)   I forgot about it too......  and it said   "Finding a 20 dollar bill in your coat from last winter."       
       I just couldn't believe it.       Sometimes I think things in this world swirl around out there,  and come right on back and just make us go .....    HUH?

That's it.      That's today.
L  Julie

8 comments:

claudie said...

It's interesting that you posted this tonight.. Like the part about winning the lottery. While my crown moulding, baseboards and chair rails were being installed today, yes they were here today, I watched on old movie with Nicolas Cage and Bridget Fonda. It's called "It could happen to you" and it did, just a little smaller winnings, but still a winning right? You should try to rent it.
The house was a mess, but it's all back together again. They are coming back to do my bedroom and Colt's room Thursday. Then it needs to get painted...I'm thinking a very soft pink.
Loved your Discovery today Julie.
Love You
Love Claudie
xoxoxo
P.S. My word verification is.... giftsale ahhhhhhhh

Anonymous said...

That is such a great feeling! I had something much the same happen at work today. One of the girls in our class has Autism and so does her brother. The Dad is single and really has his hands full. These kids are very challenging. Their Dad can't get out the door to work. This little girl has been wearing the same pair of shoes for quite awhile now and has out grown them, she can't communicate that her feet hurt but she keeps taking her shoes off. I said today why don't we just go out and get her a new pair of shoes, I think she's in pain. About 10 minutes after I said that I went to a box in our room where we have spare T shirts and shorts for the kids. Inside this box was a beautiful brand new pair of pink and white running shoes. They are exactly the size this little girl needed, and fit perfectly. Nobody in our room has ever seen these shoes before and nobody can honestly explain where they came from. Sometimes when we reach in a pocket or a box we find little miracles. I probably would have forgot about it but your little find helped me remember my little find too! Have fun with it : ) Hugs Sherri

Julie said...

Sherri.... that is a great story. It's moments like that when I realize that good things do happen all the time - we just don't always get to hear about it.

The fact that you noticed and were spurred to do something means you were part of the grande plan. That's what I call church honey! Amen.

Robin Ennis Willson said...

Found money is SO great! I enjoyed your post...you have a neat blog.
Hope you have a great day,
Robin

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie, I came by way of Claudie's blog. You guys had the best time together. She and I talked about NYC a lot because I too just got back from the Big Apple. I would love to have you visit my blog. Unfortunately for some reason I could not read your blog. It was all black. xo Lynn

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie,
I just popped over from Claudie's blog. She is such a hoot!!!

Finding money is always a plus, a big plus. My Hubs always forgets money in his pockets and I love doing the laundry.

Have a great day...Terry

The Quintessential Magpie said...

That is one of my favorite things in the world to find... money tucked somewhere! It's like a gift from God. I also like to scoop up my husband's change, put it in quarter rolls and dime rolls, and take it to the bank. Then I have more "found" money! ;-)

XO,

Sheila :-)

Emma said...

My mother in law is really funny about putting all her money in the bank, she hides it, in coats behind pictures, and so on.

She says when she dies make sure we go through everything so we don't miss the money

Funny!!