Let Music fill the air

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Just 5 more minutes


I realized this morning that I am a "5 more minutes" girl. What I mean is I just don't get up and jump out of bed when the alarm goes off. Not really a snooze button pusher either. I kind of clock watch and doze. Then I am consistently running late. I know it's not a good thing - but those last few minutes of lying in a warm cozy bed are truly glorious. And it's amplified when it's wintery and cold out. This morning I finally sat up on the side of the bed and then surprised myself when I made the conscious move to lay back down even one more time - and pull the covers back up. I actually laughed to myself about how silly this little game had become. So now it's almost midnite and I have worked the afternoon/evening shift and made it back home. It's still raining out and .... now I'm not ready to go to bed. How does such a conundrum work? I think it's the plight of the true night owl. One that I have always been. This night owl looks pretty good with those black rings around those eyes. We however have no feathers to hide the bags. Is it actually the lack of sleep that causes the bags? or is it soft pillows? Age? Wearing glasses? So much to think about and it all started with just 5 more minutes. Go figure.

J.

2 comments:

C'est moi Claudette said...

Well it's now 3:15 and I have just finished wrapping all my gifts. So you are not the only one. I have no alarm to wake up to, only the dogs. I can't seen to put them on snooze, but they adapt to my sleep habits as you know.
I am going to bed after a little snack. I find if I pass the 2:00 am slop I'm hungry. Nothing a little cinnamon toast won't cure. yum
Now go to bed, no bags cause no fur....
Love Me
xoxoxoxo

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi, Julie... I probably am the opposite as I usually pop out of bed tap dancing. LOL! I love morning. I also love late night. It depends on my mood, I guess. :-)

I can understand wanting to get back in bed when it's cold. I was cold this morning (it was in the 50's here in the Sunshine State), and I just wanted to SLEEP. Of course, I had been up late trying to blog before I was gone all day. But oh how good that quilt felt and looked. It just beckoned me to crawl back under it. ;-)

XO,

Sheila