Let Music fill the air

Monday, May 3, 2010

I need to get a bike. Need - that's a funny word.

LIKE IT ALOT! GREEN IS VERY ENVIRONMENTAL AND WILL GO WITH MY PLACE. (see explanation below)




I've always wanted a California cruiser bicycle and I think with the summer right close by, it's time to start looking for one. I want to ride down the sidewwalk to the bakery to buy apple turnovers and to the beach so I can lay on the grass and read without having to pay for parking. I can take along my camera and pull over whenever I want. I have this ideal in my head that a California cruiser bike pedals like a dream. No work at all. We actually glide rather than pedal. I really don't have a place to park one in my apartment, But I've thought that thru just now. I could put it in the living room with some fresh flowers in the basket on the handlebars. I'll need a basket too I guess. Doubles as a piece of furniture. Brilliant.

I LIKE THIS ONE TOO - ALOT. IT HAS HISTORY AND A NICE WORN LEATHER SEAT. I BET THE SEAT IS ITALIAN

.


THIS ONE'S A BEAUTY. WHITE IS ALWAYS A GOOD CHOICE - BUT NOT QUIRKY ENOUGH FOR ME.
THE PRICE WILL DEFINITELY BE A FACTOR.
(Claudie would kill me, but I'm not totally sold on those pink rimmed tires.)





So, that's what I am thinking of. Bikes, and summer and flowers and reading on the beach. Peaceful moments with nowhere important to be. Those are easy days.

My wish for you all is that there are only those ahead.



Au revoire my lovlies.
and for those who just check in to see what I'm up to....... I hope you found something of interest. (smile)

7 comments:

C'est moi Claudette said...

You betcha that I would LOVE the pink tires. You can have your green one, I like pink. The basket for sure, you have to have a basket. Remember the picture you took of that cool bike in Hudson? It was parked by the tree? Remember? It was last summer when you came. We had the Mini, went to POSH, had a great evening in Montreal? AHhhhh yes the bike : )
So I think you should get a bike. Why didn't you think of that sooner? Perfect place for a bike really. White Rock has a few hills, but then life is all about climbing those hills isn't it? Madonna could stand next to "the bike" in your living room, they would make a great couple!
Ride on baby, ride on : )
Love You to the moon and back.
Love Claudie
xooxoxox

Madison said...

I was going to get a bike for Christmas last year but decided not to cuz we had a perfectly good one in the garage that had barely been used! So I decided that I would have that one and deck it out with a basket new handle grips and a new seat!LOL So I bought a seat and the other things are going to have to wait! But I can not live without a basket!LOL My dream bike is made by the brand named Electra! Their bikes are soooo expensive though! I'm talking about $500.00!!! But I can just imagine you riding around Vancouver on a cruiser!

Jeanne said...

Hi Julie, I do love your post and I too am dreaming of summer days and fun, fun, fun. However, it won't be on a bike. Not that I can't ride one!!! smile. Just not in the mountains. Check my post tomorrow, You will get a kick out of it. I LOVE the green one because that is my favorite color. We sold our bikes when we moved here. Now we just walk. That is a challenge in the mountains which is enough for me.

Good for you taking some time off for a day. I hear you are working very hard these days. BTW, songs can make me cry in a heartbeat. :)
Especially those country western story songs. LOL.

We spent a bit of time in the park in Vancouver. It is beautiful. We stayed in a hotel close to the docks. We had the most wonderful time there.

Keep dreaming Julie. dreams do come true.
Love you very much my new sweet friend.
Jeanne

Sherri said...

Oh Julie this will be great!! Ken just ordered us Swiss Military Bikes today. They are mountain street bikes that the front tire comes off and they fold in like 20 seconds. We have to go down to a bike shop in Seattle this weekend and pick them up!! If you get a bike we can head out with our bikes and cameras! The possibilities are endless!! And we may even lose weight!! I'm so excited! You must be psychic!! Not sure if you're on nights this week. Do you feel like a cup of tea?? If you have time give me a call.
Take care! Love Sherri : )

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Julie, I love the idea of a bike! I think you need to get one. Just color coordinate it with your living room, and like you said, put flowers in the basket. A friend of mine has one that she did that with, and it's darling. At some point, I will blog about it.

I have a bike and used to ride it, but I'm too lazy now. LOL! It's getting hot here already. Have been busy spiffing up the St. Augustine house (exterior). Lots of painting, repairs, etc. I got a call from two women who want me to consider showing it on the Garden Club's tour in December, and if it doesn't sell, I plan to do that if they can have a person who is "iffy." LOL!

Hope you are well. I miss you MUCH!

XO,

She

The Quintessential Magpie said...

P.S. Yes, I do love all things Scottish. My Scottish roots go deep. I bleed plaid. ;-)

krys kirkpatrick said...

Thank-you for your visit! I am so busy getting ready for farm chicks....I have no time. It would be great to meet you. I am doing the show by myself so I imagine I will be in the booth 24-7 so come find me.